In the end, I chose to make a quilt of what I like to see when I do walk in a park. I'm not a gardener, but I do enjoy seeing gardens full of lovely flowers. I had a quilted piece left from last month's challenge, so I used that as the backdrop. (I thought it was fitting given how much rain we've had this season.) So my flowers have rain falling in the background.
I had a piece of Kaffe Fassett fabric in my stash, and it was just what I was looking for. Cutting those flowers out was a bit of a chore, I'll admit.
Once I settled on a layout, I pulled out my embroidery threads and got to work. No fancy stitching, just long and short stitches wherever I thought it worked. I had all the right colors of threads, which is always a bonus.
I'm not quite finished with this yet. No binding, since I'm still debating whether to bind or face the quilt. I may add a few more details, like a dragonfly if I can find one to stitch on.
It's been a good challenge piece to work on in the evenings!