For no real reason I thought perhaps I could take a lion for a walk (ho ho) and so here is my quilt.
Click on the pictures to see them better.
The flower borders are made from Liberty scraps. The lion's mane and tail are accentuated with lazy daisy stitches in perle thread, and I used 28 weight aurifil for the stipple quilting. I used fusible bias binding for the line, and carved a stamp for the paw prints - the first time I've used either in a quilt.
I wanted a binding that looked like a picture frame so attempted a faux-flanged binding and have to admit that it took me two goes. So although my quilt is really just a bit of fun I did try some 'new to me' techniques. I enjoyed making this one a lot!
You can see a few more photos at www.knottedcotton.com