Thursday 1 August 2019

A Walk In The Park- A Secret Place

My Challenge piece is done as an embellishment for the back of a jacket I have. It has a story that is real.

Long ago a little girl had a sad life. She found serenity in a place that only she knew about.  She discovered it quite by accident.

She found a path that lead to a lovely park. The path followed beside a little creek that meandered through the park.  There were lovely hills filled with tall grasses and wild flowers that swayed gently in the breeze. She found a tree that was perfect to sit under while she read whatever book she was engrossed in at the time. She would either sit under it in the grass enjoying the sweet scent of the grass mingled with flowers.  Sometimes she would sit on the rocks that were piled like a little stool.  There were birds.  ALWAYS there were big black Crows flying above.  Sometimes they landed near her to enjoy the bits of bread she would bring to share with them.  She loved to hear their caw-caw as they saw she had come to visit them.  There were frogs sitting in the grass by the creek.  They croaked their greeting to her and she always spoke back telling them how handsome they were.  There was a cat that must have lived somewhere in the park.  He would sneak a piece of bread but never came closer.  She silently asked him not to eat her Crows.

She visited the park all of her life.  It was her secret place, even now when she had a happy life.

Please visit my personal blog to see my thoughts about creating the Secret Park.

10 comments:

  1. It's beautiful! I bet a lot of people will stop you and talk to you about it when you wear that jacket!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful Carol, what a brilliant way to capture those memories

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful! That sky and those birds are just lovely. What a great story too - I'm going to read more on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a pretty piece of art. The colors are so pretty, and I agree, I'm sure you will get many comments from people when you wear it. I have a denim jacket I never wear. Hmm. You're giving me ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A really clever interpretation of your walk. Please check out my entry at Paula B Quilts. I couldn’t get it onto the Endeavourers site.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that I know this background, the piece is even more amazing and meaningful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This lovely piece reminds me of the book, The Secret Garden. I am glad the little girl found solace in nature and grew up to be happy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your story is beautiful. I'm so glad the little girl found that secret place with the crows and the frogs and the cat. And I love the image you have created on your jacket. It is a wonderful work of art and an amazing piece of clothing. I will certainly be visiting your blog to learn more about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Carol!
    What a wonderful story. I love your jacket and I’m sure it will be quite a talking point if you wear it.
    I’m off to read all about it.
    Barbara x

    ReplyDelete
  10. A wonderful place to put your art quilt, on your jacket! The work is gorgeous and I enlarged the photo to see all of the details. Thank you for sharing the story behind your art, every artist has a story behind their work.

    ReplyDelete