We work in any style suggested by the theme, but once in a while, we will also throw a particular technique into the mix as an incentive to be adventurous!
We post about our progress and ideas here and on our blogs and other social media and reveal our finished quilts here on 1 February, 1 May, 1 August, and 1 November.
- to share enthusiasm
- to share inspiration and ideas, and document our progress and process
- to challenge ourselves to move outside our comfort zones (for example by working with new colours, fabrics, materials or techniques)
- to develop our own styles and practices
- to encourage each other in all of the above
- to boldly go where no quilter has gone before (not really)
You can check out Galleries for each reveal by clicking on the Galleries tab, or scroll through all the posts for a particular reveal by clicking the appropriate link in the side bar.
- 1st February 2018 'Nature'.
- 1st May 2018 'Change/Transformation'
- 1 August 2018 'Spiral'
- 1 November 2018 'Improv".
- 1st February 2019 'Texture".
- 1 May 2019 'Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head'
- 1 August 'A Walk in the Park'
- 1 November 2019 'Dreams'
- 1 February 2020 'Wishes'
- The theme for our second reveal of 2020, due 1 May is 'A Scene from a Book'
- The theme for our third reveal of 2020, due 1 August is up to you! Remember to post your inspiration source to your partner by 1 May
This is a friendly and supportive group and we want it to be relaxed and fun, so we keep 'rules' to a minimum! The essentials are:
- All members take part in each challenge and post in time for the deadline unless there is a crisis.
- The deadline for posting on the day of the reveal is 10.00am GMT
- Quilts can be any size up to 36" square (or rough equivalent for non-square quilts)
- Quilts should be bound, or otherwise properly finished and ready to hang in an exhibition or on your living room wall
- We are an art quilt group, so home dec items or bed quilts are not suitable, but textile creations that are works of art are welcome.
Catherine - http://www.knottedcotton.com
Janine – https://rainbowhare.com/
Carol – http://beadsandbirds.blogspot.com/
Ruth – http://benandcharlyscorner.blogspot.co.uk/
Gwen – https://textileranger.com/
Martha – www.weekenddoings.com
Maureen – https://josephinaballerina.com/
Fiona - http://celticthistlestitches.blogspot.co.uk/
Paula - https://paulabquilts.com/
Wendy - http://www.piecefulthoughts.com/
Debbi - http://www.yogaromaquilter.blogspot.com/
For more information about us see our Who are we? page.