Wednesday 1 May 2019

Rain Drops Falling On My Head




This month's theme was a little tricky for me... I had a hard time coming up with ideas on how to interpret the theme. So I decided to be literal and go with that. I used various techniques to achieve this quilt: raw edge appliqué for the cloud, hand quilting for the rain and embroidery for the girl. It was fun figuring out how to create the hair so it will look three dimensional.
I really like how it turned out. I just love how these challenges push us to try new technique and ideas that otherwise we wouldn't do.

xo
Martha

8 comments:

  1. This is really lovely Martha, sometimes literal is just the right way to go :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although this is more of a pictorial quilt than your recent ones I knew it was yours immediately. It has your lovely calm style and is a beautiful image!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful piece, Martha. I really like your combination of techniques and I especially love the way you've done the hair :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great hair! This is lovely and delicate and has a really nice feel to it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Martha, the simplicity of this piece makes a clear, delightful statement. Brava!
    Smiles, Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with you, even themes we think are tricky or difficult can lead to some satisfying work!
    I like how the wind is lifting her hair. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, lovely style and interpretation.
    Clean lines, classic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You captured the essence of the challenge with just the basics, very well thought out. I like the girl with her ponytail.

    ReplyDelete