Wednesday 1 May 2019

Raindrops On My Head...Nope, Just Couldn't Do It!

RAIN DROPS KEEP FALLING ON MY HEAD is the theme for the May 1st reveal.  I just could not think about depicting rain on my head. Mostly because I am a deep thinker and because I take these challenges to a personal level and my interpretation most always comes from my heart.  I speak more about my thoughts on this subject on my personal blog.

The rain is falling all around this frog with the drops plunking in the water all around him.  Yet he is happily enjoying the day under his leaf umbrella.

One thing I would have done differently is to have stitched the  words onto the fabric before I stitched that band to the piece.  But heck, frogs don't have very good penmanship anyway.

I plant to use this piece in a wall display of the frogs I collect.  Frogs are one of my Animal Spirit Guides.

6 comments:

  1. So cute! I love the 3 D quality of the umbrella, and your frog must have been paying attention when all the fish were in their schools, because his penmanship is amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a wonderful quilt. I love the leaf umbrella and I think your frog is very wise to sit under it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilt is such a lot of fun - and how ingenious to make those leaves stick out over your frog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an interesting take on this theme your frog has crafted himself a fine umbrella there !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Carol!
    Wow, what a clever idea! I just love how you made the leaf umbrella! What a lucky frog!
    It’s brilliant!
    Hugs,
    Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So much fun. Love the lien frogs don't have much penmanship!

    ReplyDelete