Wednesday 1 May 2019

RAINDROPS

Raindrops keep falling on my head...... because the wind blew away my umbrella.



 I researched countless images of rain on Pinterest.  Most of them seemed to show streaks of white falling rather than discrete drops.   That is what I portrayed in my quilt.  The only tedious part was having to do each row separately. I wanted to vary the placement of the streaks in each row, so I had to go back and make sure each one was different.  Actually, the backstitch at the beginning and end of each streak resemble the tiny drops seen in the photos.
 This was truly a real challenge.


6 comments:

  1. You really gave yourself a challenge Paula and pulled it off beautifully your quilted rain is just brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, Paula. I think your design and colours are great and your streaks of rain are perfect. You really have captured the look of rain brilliantly :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this - such a striking image! You've captured the feeling of the rain and wet so beautifully with the colours and the clever way you've done the dashing rain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It really does look like rain -we get that streaming rain in windy winter weather and you have captured it perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Paula, this is such a graphic, striking image of an experience I would guess most of us have had! I really like the way you did the streaks of rain. Very cool.
    Smiles, Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  6. All that starting and stopping! I admire your discipline and how straight the lines of rain are. I think that must have been a lot of work but you did portray the effect beautifully so it was worth it!

    ReplyDelete