Like so many of these challenges I took forever to decide upon my project for this theme.
My lightbulb moment was coming across this unfinished project from the textile printing summer school I attended last year. I realised that I could use this as the starting point for a bigger piece of work with a water/underwater theme.
Rummaging through my cupboards I came across these orphan blocks that I thought would work with the original piece and fit the watery theme.
This is what I ended up with! You can see the original blocks, which have now been embellished with embroidery stitches, FMQ stitching and a random selection of beads and sequins.
I also inherited several pots and blister packs of beads so they were put to use in Floating Around too.
My intention is to mount Floating Around on a canvas but that will have to wait until I find one the correct size!
Looking forward to seeing the results of my fellow Endeavourers responses to this quarter's challenge, they will, no doubt, be inspiring as usual.
If you want to read more about the construction of Floating Around head on over to Celtic Thistle Stitches