Thursday 1 February 2024

Patterns in Nature

 


Project is a table runner. I saw this process on a video from Sew Steady. The flowers and leaves are done using a template ruler.



Then the flowers and leaves are colored with colored Inktense pencils. After the color is applied, I used a fabric textile medium to set the colors and seal them. 


As you can see, I did sew into the border and then cut out the section of flower that intruded. 

The butterfly was one that I freehand drew and transferred onto the fabric, sewed with black and then colored the same way. I don't really care for the butterfly and have tried placing a different one on top but it didn't work. Have thought about cutting that section out but I don't think the time is worth it;(



7 comments:

  1. Your runner is lovely, and I like the addition of the butterfly flitting amongst the flowers. I have Inktense pencils but I have not used them much, so I need to explore that a bit. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make me want to try this technique - and I like the butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the butterfly too :) Like Wendy I have Inktense pencils too and really should be more adventurous with them. What did you use to set the colour?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used Jaquard Textile Colorless Extender. But I think any textile medium would work.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Debbi, I shall look out for that next time I am shopping for crafting supplies :)

      Delete
  4. This is just lovely. Such pretty quilting on the back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a lovely runner. I really like the way some of your flowers overlap the border :)

    ReplyDelete