Wednesday 1 November 2023

Moon Over Squircle

 


For this challenge, I used some silk scraps that I have collected over time but never done anything with.


I used the same collage technique as last time and I really enjoyed seeing the beautiful shapes that emerged from basically putting colour into a grid - although I decided, in the end, not to actually mark the grid and that allowed me to take a little poetic license with the moon! I have put more details over at Rainbow Hare.

I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone has made for this challenge :)

12 comments:

  1. So interesting. That is a lot of circles to cut out. I love the positive and negative circles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Debbi. I invested in a sizzix machine and second hand circle die as I thought I could never be accurate enough with hand cutting. I hope to use it for other things but if not, I’ll put it back on eBay.

      Delete
  2. I really like this Janine, it has an Arabian nights feel to it I can almost hear the call to prayers tolling out over the rooftops :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love this, Janine. I agree with Fiona about the Arabian nights feel. It’s very playful, and made me smile at first glance. Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very peaceful to look at. I love the pale colors with just a few hints of brights and darks to balance! Gwen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It was somewhat limited to the colours I had but I liked using the silks :)

      Delete
  5. This quilt makes me smile. I love all the curves! I had to chuckle at the title!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm singing the Aladdin arabian nights song now! Love the colours and the use of circles compliments the pointness of the rooftops so well. - ruth

    ReplyDelete