I was very excited when I saw this months theme of circles and squares, and prepared my brain for taking in all things round and curvy for inspiration. Inspiration never struck and my sketchbook was looking very empty, until I sat myself down with the goal of just playing with shapes.
The other thing I've learned with these challenges is my mind is often
thinking of bed quilts when I'm brainstorming and sometimes the idea
wants to a bigger piece. I struggle with that; keeping it small so the
project is manageable in the timeframe and fun to make, and not a burden
that a bigger project would be. This is what I think it could be made
But for this challenge I decied to make the one flower and chose the slanted stalk over the lollipop look of the straight one. I thought it might look a bit contrived at such a jaunty angle but I think it works. For some reason we all agreed on orange binding (feels a bit Irish Flag to me!). I did suggest Fuchsia but Orange won out - probably the influece of Halloween colours being so prominent at this time of year.