Thursday 1 August 2024

A Sad Little Horse



I didn't mean for this little horse to look so downcast but it is reflective of my making during the last quarter. From September, I hope I will have more time as my childcare days will start at 12 noon instead of 8 am and I should have finished quite a big garden project, which has taken a lot of time...



For today's reveal, though, I just have a simple offering. I have been wanting to use this vintage embroidered tea cosy (I assume it's a tea cosy but it's really too thin to use as one) for a long time but I haven't wanted to cut it and the awkward shape has always ended up putting me off.



Finally, it's time has come!

I am looking forward to seeing what everyone else has made this quarter :)

10 comments:

  1. Sometimes a project just has to brew a bit before you know what to do, at least that has been my experience with this challenge! Your little tea horse is cute, and a clever way to put that tea cozy to use!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's cute. I was trying to figure out why he looked so sad, maybe the eye?? I like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I think it is the eye...or maybe the nose...

      Delete
  3. He does look a bit pensive Janine, I suspect he is wondering what is going to happen to him next :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is adorable! I can see him on a background with some other embroidered friends -- you know, when you don't have anything else to do! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh...that is adorable! Isn't it nice when a long-time dream project becomes a reality.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you. I was glad to use that tea cosy at last :)

    ReplyDelete